usher x-719 vsmeadowlark kestrel 1vswharfedale 9.6

I just want to have feedback from experienced listeners. I know that we might be hearing differently but i want to have opinions nonetheless. Because i find it difficult to compare speakers when i go from shop to shop. Coupled with differences in listening rooms, it is really hard to compare. I wish I could do side by side comparisons or in home auditions.
I have an HK130 that I plan to use with the speakers. It would be used for 80/20 in favor of music. My choice of music is varied from jazz to folk rock to metal. But personally I do not think that audio/ht use and musical preference would be a factor. I am leaning towards the camp into hearing what is recorded be it a good or bad recording so I would like to have accurate speakers that could go loud without strain and with good bass extension as well as definition cause sometimes I crank it up when I listen to metal. This means that the speakers I would like to have are those that are most free from colorations. Aside from that I want a speaker that could image well. So my criteria probably would be accurate, images well, can play loud without strain, good bass extension and definition. I also think that this type of speaker would be appropriate both for home theater and audio if my goal is to hear what is recorded be it an audio or home theatre soundtrack.
theshade

Showing 1 response by fedreams

It looks like you are asking quite a bit from your speaker selection. I would advise you to listen to each but also with the appropriate power. I have the Usher RW 728 which is suppose to be the step up from the X 719. The speakers are beautiful and built very well. I purchased them for my bedroom system which is an Arcam AVR100 and a DV88 combo. I found that the Ushers need more power or current to sound good.