Usher S-520 amp pairing

Hi, I bought the ushers been thinking on amps a while. the nad c325bee was my initial choice but now I cannot decide between the nad, the CA Azur 640A, or the Peachtree audio Decco. The Decco seems nice since I use my computer a lot for music but I also will be powering an analog setup. Will the step-up in price from the nad will be worth it or should I decide between nad or CA.
julinski

Showing 1 response by sfar

I bought a pair of the 520's for my daughter and tried them in my system for awhile before shipping on to her. Compared to any of the other speakers I own the Ushers are a little bright so for my ears they need some warmth upstream.

I don't have any experience with the specific NAD or Cambridge amps you're considering but I'm a fan of the Decco. I use one as a preamp/DAC with an external tube power amp in the winter and as a stand-alone integrated in the summer. The versatility and sonic quality are great. The build quality is about the same as the Cambridge integrated I used to own, or the NAD stuff.

A lot of people love NAD gear but I had reliability issues with three out of the four pieces of NAD gear I've owned.