Usher cp-8511 or Proac D80 or Spendor sp100r

Hi,I have now Audia Flight pre and audia 50 50w in A and Tannoy TD12.I am going to experiment with some other speakers.Also have one more system containg Naim scds2,82,Supercap and 250 all olive line.Which speaker from above would you recommend?I have not heard either of them.About same price used.I have to mention I have big room 6x8x4m.
128x128mikedimitrov

Showing 1 response by roxy54

I don't know how helpful this will be. I'm very familiar with the SP100, but I haven't heard the new version at all, and I don't even know what was changed. Having said that, I have also owned 2 different Proac models, and they are quite different from Spendor. They have better precision in imaging if that is important, and they also have quicker transient attack. The Spendors have great flow and coherence, and vocals are great.They are different enough in character that you should really hear them both. As far as the Usher goes, I have not heard any of them, but I would be surprised if they could beat Proac or Spendor. By the way, in the price range that you are in, try to hear the Harbeth Monitor 40, or 40.1. You will be surprised.