Usher Be - 718's for Home Theater and 2 Channel

I am considering changing my speakers in my Home Theater room. I listen to a lot of multi channel audio and 2 channel music. I also watch a lot of movies.

My room is a dedicated audio/vido room that has been redone from ceiling to floor. One of the issues I have is the size, it is a redone bedroom about 12'x10' with an 8' ceiling. I have three theater seats right at the back of the room, and I sit about 8' from my front speakers. Enclosed is the current gear and speaker set up:

Integra 9.8 Processor
Arcam P7 Multichannel Amp
Arcam DV 139 Universal Player
Sony ES 2000 Blu-Ray Player
HD Satellite Box

Paradigm Reference Studio 100's V.3
Paradigm Reference Studio Center Channel
Paradigm Reference ADP 470 Surrounds
Velodyne 10" SPL Sub
High End Audioquest Bi-Wire Di-electric Cables

I think the large Pardigm's are a little overpowering at higher volumes in my room.

I am considering switching from the current set up and trying some high quality monitors. A couple of friends of mine recently purchased the Usher Be 718's. After being broke in for a couple hundred hours these speakers sound very good, (Incredible imaging, sweet high end, good bass response and great build quality).

I also understand that Usher is going to release a new center speaker with the Beryllium tweeters in Dec, this would be match the 718's well.

Any comments on the Usher Be-718's in my room and equipment? Positives/Negatives

Any other recommendations on High End Monitor Speakers to audition? Price - $2500 to 4,000

If I choose the Usher's, can I still use the Paradigm ADP Surrounds, and will they sound good together for multichannel content? Any other suggestions on Bi-pole's to match with the Usher's? My only option is to have Speakers mounted on the rear wall behind my chairs, I can't accomodate monitors in the rear.

Any suggestions are appreciated and welcome. Thanks
toddsgear

Showing 1 response by soix

Have you tried pulling the Studio 100s out from the wall more? You're already sitting pretty close to them, but if you haven't experimented with it yet it would be worthwhile seeing what happens when you pull the speakers further into the room. Also getting them away from the side walls and toe-in could also help.

Best of luck.