Usher Be - 718's for Home Theater and 2 Channel

I am considering changing my speakers in my Home Theater room. I listen to a lot of multi channel audio and 2 channel music. I also watch a lot of movies.

My room is a dedicated audio/vido room that has been redone from ceiling to floor. One of the issues I have is the size, it is a redone bedroom about 12'x10' with an 8' ceiling. I have three theater seats right at the back of the room, and I sit about 8' from my front speakers. Enclosed is the current gear and speaker set up:

Integra 9.8 Processor
Arcam P7 Multichannel Amp
Arcam DV 139 Universal Player
Sony ES 2000 Blu-Ray Player
HD Satellite Box

Paradigm Reference Studio 100's V.3
Paradigm Reference Studio Center Channel
Paradigm Reference ADP 470 Surrounds
Velodyne 10" SPL Sub
High End Audioquest Bi-Wire Di-electric Cables

I think the large Pardigm's are a little overpowering at higher volumes in my room.

I am considering switching from the current set up and trying some high quality monitors. A couple of friends of mine recently purchased the Usher Be 718's. After being broke in for a couple hundred hours these speakers sound very good, (Incredible imaging, sweet high end, good bass response and great build quality).

I also understand that Usher is going to release a new center speaker with the Beryllium tweeters in Dec, this would be match the 718's well.

Any comments on the Usher Be-718's in my room and equipment? Positives/Negatives

Any other recommendations on High End Monitor Speakers to audition? Price - $2500 to 4,000

If I choose the Usher's, can I still use the Paradigm ADP Surrounds, and will they sound good together for multichannel content? Any other suggestions on Bi-pole's to match with the Usher's? My only option is to have Speakers mounted on the rear wall behind my chairs, I can't accomodate monitors in the rear.

Any suggestions are appreciated and welcome. Thanks
toddsgear

Showing 1 response by raks

I have the BE 718's for front 2 channel, and a mixed bag of Monitor Audio speakers for the center and surround speakers. I personally think concerns about matching surrounds to the front speakers are over blown.

My son-in-law has the Paradigm's and they're great but IMHP the Usher's are more refined in every respect.