Usher 718BE or Dynaudio S1.4

As you can see by my threads recently, I am trying to secure my second system. I am a dynaudio freak, and everytime I look somewhere else I end up coming back to Dynaudio. I have heard and read reviews comparing the Usher 718BE to the C1's, but am scared I will be let down once again. There is not a dealer around here so I would have to buy on a whim. Any thoughts about this move? Thanks!
rkerv

Showing 1 response by xti16

I have never heard the Ushers myself only because when I heard the C1's my search for a speaker was over. I read that others on this forum said the beryllium tweeters were a little harsh/bright. Of course for everyone that said they were great there were some that said they were not. Until I heard the the esotar2's I thought B&W diamonds were great but only when matched with very very good equipt. Personally I have never heard such a sweeter tweeter than the esotar2. I've never read about anyone complaining about any of the esotar tweeters. Couple that with the fast but liquid mids and bass I was sold. I do have a REL B3 but I'm still trying to decide if it blends in well with the C1's or not. As far as the S1.4 they are very good but I decided this was going to be my last speaker so I went for the C1's. (my bank account hopes so too) :)