Usher 718BE or Dynaudio S1.4

As you can see by my threads recently, I am trying to secure my second system. I am a dynaudio freak, and everytime I look somewhere else I end up coming back to Dynaudio. I have heard and read reviews comparing the Usher 718BE to the C1's, but am scared I will be let down once again. There is not a dealer around here so I would have to buy on a whim. Any thoughts about this move? Thanks!
rkerv

Showing 1 response by hieule5

Usher and Dynaudio are two different companies whose design philosophy and customer base are again different.

Usher is also good but for me their best product is their entry level S520 and not the 718BE. Funny, IMO, most Usher speakers don't look as good as their cheap brother S520.

For a second system, you don't need fancy speakers like the 718BE to enjoy the house sound of Usher. The S520 is a lot of music for the money.

Krix Equinox is another good speaker. But Krix had to exit the US market simply because they cannot find a good US distributor who is willing to PR well like the people who distribute Usher in North America. See, the speakers they feed to the press for review may not be the speakers that you buy at your local dealer...

I agree with one of the G that buying speakers based on press review is a costly mistake.

After all, those reviewers at Stereophile, 6 Moon, Absolute Sound, etc...don't have your room acoustic and your cheap NAD (as in my cave) and don't have to live with the speakers you bring home. You do.

Well, buy what sounds good to your ears is my point.

I like Dynaudio a bit more than other brands. I like them a little bit more every day that I bought another pair of entry level Audience 52 for my sister.