Useful tweaks for Oppo 980/DTC 9.8 for MC-SACD

I have recently upgraded to the Integra DTC 9.8 and Oppo 980H primarily to enjoy MCH SACD. My two channel SACD is a VSE Mod 4 Sony 9000 that runs through the 2-channel portion of my system. The new Oppo/9.8 sound very good indeed. In direct comparison playing 2 channel SACD versus the VSE Mod 4 it is not quite as musical (Depth, high end extension/linearity, dimensionality).
I was wondering if anyone has tried any tweaks to their Oppo or DTC 9.8 that have been musically significant such as chassis damping, isolation, power cords. It is a great price performance combo. I am just looking to maximize the potential performance. Thanks in advance for your input.
tellefsen

Showing 1 response by ckorody

I am running a 981 to my 8.8

I have done the following - never did A/B before and after, just sort of did it by reflex

I used the Verastarr damping material liberally inside the case. Its one of those sheet metal jobs that goes thonk when its stock. Now its more like thud

I use an Oyaide C7

Because space is extremely limited I use a set of Herbies Tenderfeet underneath it - I would top load if I had room as well

I run a Wireworld HDMI out

As I said, no A/B but it works really well

Waiting on the new Oppo BluRay - assuming that it will also play DVD well, I will scrap the 981 and the Pannie BD30 for the one unit. At that point I may also consider a modder upgrade package