Used vs. new

I am struggling with the decision of buying B&W 804 D4 or an older model like the 802 /803 D3 . I have the same issue with automobiles too.but  for now we can stick to the issue of speakers.

geosims1

Thank you so much, excellent feedback ! Yes I am very new at all this. I first heard the B&w speakers about 20 years ago. And haven't stopped thinking how great that sound was , .even though I have never listened to music on any other nice speaker , my heart is set on b/w.  I don't really have anywhere to go to listen and compare the different b/w speakers to see which one I like best... so I asked   here for advice . sounds like with budget of 12-15k its better to go with the D3 used vs the new 804 d4, and that's fine with me , and by reading and researching I bought the Hegel 390 integrated amp. and just hoping it will work well with the B&W's. Thanks again, and  I think I will get the 802 D3 or 803 D3. 

it's a tricky situation since I have no way of listening to either one to see what I like better.

I think I've 'topped out' on the this/that/other for the while.

A situation for a Situation has cropped up.

A space...and not of the finial front tier. *L*

I bought my first pair of speakers for my current system new. I ended up buying another pair of speakers used, which were a much better fit for my system. Now, I’ll be lucky to get 60% of retail selling the first pair, even though they’re less than 2 yrs old and have under 200hrs on them. I’ll probably never buy new again.

If you can afford to chance taking that kind of hit, more power to you. Otherwise, a good deal on a preowned pair in good nick can you find taking minimal to no loss in the event they don’t work out and you need to resell.

my 2¢. Good luck to ya.