Used VAC Super? Moscode 401orBelles Reference 350?

I was recently at CES and i had a chance to hear the VAC phi amps and was absolutely floored from what i heard. Although i didnt get around to hearing all rooms the VAC/Wadia/Talon Thunderhawk room was amazing. There was somthing special about that set up. I'm not in the league to spend 20k on amps but if i had the money the Phi amps would certainly be on my short list and i never considered even buying a tube amp in the past. I just like the sound and character of the breath of life VAC puts out. Is anyone familiar with the sound of the VAC Super integrated compared to a new Moscode 401 or the Belles Reference 350 and even the TRL 225 D? I will be narrowing it down to these amps. One will end up in the system im going to be building.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.
Chaz
128x128chaz801

Showing 1 response by sherod

I have the VAC Musicblocs. The owner and designer at VAC, Kevin Hayes, told me that the VAC Avatar Super and my Musicblocs have virtually the same circuitry. I much preferred the VAC factory tubes to many different( some expensive NOS) tubes. So consider that if you go with the VAC Super integrated. By the way, I'm very content with my VAC Musicblocs. When the budget allows, I hope to upgrade in the VAC line.