used SET amp under $1500 suggestion

As stated in another thread, I have problem of having too much gain in my system. I am considering buying a SET amp to drive a pair of Zu omen definition, and looking for suggestion. I have too options:

1) keeping my PrimaLuna Prologue 3 preamp and buy a SET power amp or mono block. I like the PrimaLuna sound, so, I prefer to keep it. However, in this case, my budge is under $1500. To work with the PrimaLuna, I need an amp with input impedance > 100k Ohm. And the PrimaLuna has a gain of 12 dB. My current McCormack has 30dB gain which is too loud. So .. likely, I prefer something not exceeding 20dB gain?

2) sell the PrimaLuan preamp, and replaced with an integrated SET amp. I prefer option 1 because I don't know if I will like the sound of the integrated. But if I get an integrated, my budget increase to $2500, and it seems it open up more choices.

I read the 6moons and other review, it seems the Almarro and Yamamoto are 2 highly recommended SET choices, but they are both quite expensive. Is there any other choices? Thanks in advance.
gte357s

Showing 0 responses by viridian