Used McIntosh MX135 or Marantz 8802

Hi All,

First I'd like to Thank everyone for such a great and informative site! Thank You!

I'm looking to upgrade my Preamp/ HT. Currently I'm running a Rotel RSP1068 thru a Parasound Halo A31 (front channels) I have the ceiling mounted rear speakers running thru a Rotel 1070. Front Speakers are B&W 604 S3 and the Center is also a B&W... I also have an old JVC QL5 Record player running thru an old Beta 2 preamp...

The set was a trade for a nice Gibson SG I didn't play... So now I've got the Audio bug and I really am enjoying the sweet music. I listen to mostly music but do watch Movies as well...

I've seen a couple preamps that look promising for the 1000.00 to 1200.00 range...

I'm not worried about having HDMI ports as I currently send the Video signal straight to the TV and it seems just fine... Sound is more important to me...

Any thoughts or suggestions? Speakers would be the next thing on the list... I must say though it sound great to me now but I've not heard a great high-end system so I don't know if it would be a good move?

Any thoughts?

Please and Thanks!!!

toecutter

Showing 1 response by theo

I had an MX135 and it was a good piece but doesn’t decode the current DTS and Dolby surround found on Blu-ray. also pretty sure it won’t share the codec with a smart Tv. It really depends  on what your needs are.
i will tell you the new MX122 uses the 8802 as its core processor.