Used copies of The Cure “Bloodflowers” on vinyl @ $300+?

I really like the Cure and a few of their recordings are just great such as Disintegration or Live in Paris. I have Bloodflowers on CD and the songs are good. Unfortunately the recording is dark, bloated, as if heavy equalization has been preapplied. Is this what excessive compression amounts to? 

I downloaded another Cure album “4:13 Dream” from iTunes and the bad EQ/excessive compression is even worse. Sad really because both albums have pretty good songs. I can’t tell if the Cure have gone “heavy metal” or what the issue is. I just know that the newer digital releases from The Cure that I have run across have been borderline unlistenable. I really like the way that Robert Smith has remained true to himself as he has aged and the band continues to be great, I just wish that their older fans really need a non-EQ’D recording of some of their newer songs. 

So I thought, well maybe I can just pick up the vinyl version of Bloodflowers and I see that used copies start at $300 and go up from there? What’s up with that? Is it a proper recording of this material, not like the terrible sounding CD? 

If if there are any avid Cure fans out there who are also audiophiles - please drop me a few suggestions. To me, their entire discography would benefit from re-mastering and to be re-issued on audiophile vinyl. This is my wish anyway.
masi61

Showing 1 response by three_easy_payments