Used CM8 or 20 yrs old mint 804 Matrix?

I have the choice of getting a CM8 or a pre-1998 Matrix 804 for around $1050 for the pair. It may sound like a lot for 20 yr old speakers but its in absolute mint condition, most likely a dealer demo. I have listened to both of them but about 2 days apart and I liked both of them. They were on different electronics.

I'd be putting them in a 250 s.f. basement room (non-theater Man cave), if size of the room is relevant here.

804 Matrix used to be B&W's flagship 8 series lineup. What is CM8's lineage?
I am thoroughly confused. What would you do?
ayonsinha

Are there any updates that can be done to the B&W Matrix 804s? Are the surrounds in good condition, the crossovers?  I would to have them completely checked out,       
The CM series is the affordable line of speakers which were initially targeted at home theater users. I've heard a couple of the towers.
The 804's are superior, but as you said, they are 20 years old.
Are the surrounds in good condition, the crossovers? I would to have them completely checked out,      
Definitely check them out...but I doubt the owner will take them to a shop for you. Do you know someone who can examine them at his home?

What amplification will you be using?
Teac uD-501 with Sunfire Symphonic Reference Amp. I really liked the 804 Matrix when I heard them at his house.