Used B&W matching on uber-budget system

I'm slowly scrapping together a *very* modest system, and could use a tip or two on speaker selection. I'm currently running some old B&W DM302's as my mains, and a B&W CC3 for my center channel.

I'd like to move the 302's to the back surrounds, and get another set of small and affordable (used) B&W for my front channels, something that will blend well with the CC3 which I'd prefer not to have to replace. I was thinking DM305's, but I don't see them up for auction very often here or on ebay. I was thinking maybe a pair of DM601's, 602's, or something of the like since I see more of them available used. Would something like the DM602 S2's blend ok with the CC3? Or would the CC3 just get overpowered?

I'm definitely trying to stay with something smallish, and let the Hsu STF-2 subwoofer I'm about to order handle the lower frequencies. Any tips as to some good old B&W's that would be an upgrade from the 302's, yet still work well with the CC3?
dakster

Showing 2 responses by dster1960

I am a newbie to Audiogon so please forgive me if this should be posted to a new thread. I am in a position similar to Dakster but I am starting with a pair of mint DM22s (circa 1981). I am trying to figure out whether to use them as rears with other B&W l/c/r and a sub (Hsu, SVS, AV123) or look for more DM22s for all speakers. They are tough to find in good shape. I too will be relying on a Onkyo 606 receiver and a tight budget. (Not to mention WAF and small kids).

All opinions on a center channel and how to best deploy the DM22s on a very limited budget are welcome. . .thanks in advance!
The Onkyo is in my future as well. I am surprised a used 606 has shown up already given that they were relatively recently released (alot of alliteration).