Used Amp Under $1000

Howdy y’all. After perusing this and USAM forums I’ve identified a handful of amps that seem pretty good. I’ll be using this amp with a McCormick TLC-1 Pre and Magnepan MG1’s. Please tell me your thoughts on which I should buy, why and what I might have overlooked.
Thanks!

Conrad Johnson MF 2100 $575.00
Classe CA-101 $750.00
Audio Alchemy ELAC DPA-1 $795.00
Classe CA-100 $550.00
Sonic Frontiers Power 1, Tube $850.00
McCormack DNA-1 $750.00
Emerald Physics 100.2 $600.00
seaninatx

Showing 1 response by millercarbon

DNA-1, hands down the best sounding amp on the list. Which I know having had one. And which you probably know, having the McCormack pre amp. Although to be honest I never heard the pre by itself, just assume the same sonic priorities come through. Which if they do, it is hard to find a better sound stage, or more natural detail free of grain and glare, and the ever elusive toe-tapping musicality or emotional appeal. The only solid state amp I heard that could give a good tube amp a run for its money. Which is the only reason I sold mine, not that the tube integrated I got was much better- it was, but by hair-splittingly small margins- but because it was an integrated, so saved me a pre, interconnect, power cord.

Not that the others are bad. Some on the list are pretty good. But not quite DNA good.