Use pink noise disc to warm up stereo

It generally takes between 1-2 hours for my system to sound good.  It actually sounds really terrible when I first turn it on. 
I’ve found that if I place a pink noise disc in the tray and leave it on at low volume for a shorter time, my system comes to life.
Big difference from a cold start
128x128rvpiano
Haven’t done any FDA-mandated, double-blind studies but I’m of a similar opinion as RVP. Processing signal vs simply powered up seems necessary to reach some kind of optimum performance level. Pink noise getcha there faster than music? Dunno, but track 9 from the XLO Test and Burn-In CD is the weapon of choice. Have been listening to a low power Class A ss amp from First Watt over the last week or so. Less than 100 hours on it now. It sounds good after the first hour playing music but after 6+ hours or so, it is really magic...or at least that’s what I think which, ultimately, is all that matters in this pastime.
I I thought we had already discussed the warm-up vs. no warm-up topic ad nuseam. Technically speaking, if I understand it correctly, the main and possibly only difference between pink noise and “regular” music is all frequencies are at or near identical amplitude. Maybe this implies a uniform voltage or current is “seen” by the components in the path of signal thus causing a different behavior. Perhaps  someone with an in-depth understanding of how electronic components react to constant vs. varying voltage/current can chime in.
Interesting find nonetheless. 
Just turning a system on does't exite speaker drivers. Seems to me that they also need to reach thermal equilibrium to best operate. 
Those who find there system lacking at start-up should try a pink noise disc.
By covering  the whole spectrum of frequencies, warm-up time is effectively  decreased.  It has made a huge difference in my enjoyment, not having to suffer through the crappy sound of discs played before the set is ready for prime time.
There are also a number of free phone/tablet apps that generate pink noise if you have a Bluetooth capable streaming device. Handy for speaker placement as well.