Use of a 110 VAC to 230 VAC Step-up Transformer for CD player.

What is the impact, if any, of  using a 110 VAC to 230 VAC step-up transformer,  to run a European CD player that is not readily available in 110 VAC in the US? The unit is not switchable between voltages. I am not conditioning my 110 VAC power currently. Is there anything I should be concerned about?
rmellor

Showing 4 responses by rmellor

I am trying to see if the manufacturer will sell me just the power supply, if that is all that needs to be changed. They are saying to send the unit to them and they will do it, but that will take weeks or months and add about another $800 - $100- to the cost, which I am trying to avoid. I hope that ypui are correct mgattmch. Thank you
Shouldn't I be concerned about the CD player being designed for 50 Hz , but  running at 60Hz. In other applications this may not be as important, but with high end audio gear I just don't know. Thank you for responding
Foreign units are more readily available and frequently at a lower cost. If sound quality will suffer I am not going to do it. That is what I am trying to understand the impact.