USB audio problem

I just recently purchase a Sim Audio Moon 100D that I an using with my computer. Most of my music is wav files. The problem I am having is once in a while I hear a clicky sound when playing audio. I have a cd player connected to that DAC thru coaxial and it work perfectly fine. Could this be a clocking issue with the computer? Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
  1. Check the sound settings in Windows.  Make sure the operating system isn’t improperly re-converting the sample rate.  Normally you want the source clock to match the source content, for example: 16/44 content should be set to 16/44 sample rate.
  2. Check to make sure that there isn’t some software and/or driver trying to connect on the USB Bus.  The USB Bus can get busy and create all kinds of sounds/clicks/dropouts.
  3. It seems like your computer is around 10 years old.  You might need to do an update, clean re-install of Windows.  This would allow you to update all the drivers and get rid of any “bloatware” that could be effecting the USB Bus and/or audio settings.

Allan
www.In-Tone.com
Since this computer is old, I decide to a newer laptop.  Looks like that problem is resolved. Could have been a USB driver issue but didnt want to deal with since that computer is old. Thanks for all the help.