Usability of Oppo BDP-93 without a monitor?

Hi, Folks,
I have the opportunity to pick up a used Oppo BDP-93 for use as a universal disc player. I currently have an older Music Hall redbook CD player attached to a Musical Fidelity DAC. I would like to have the capability to play other kinds of high-resolution audio discs, which I can't currently do. What I'm wondering is whether a piece of gear like this which seems to be primarily oriented toward playing DVDs (and thus assumes the presence of a TV or monitor) is usable for spinning audio discs without such a monitor?
Thank you so much!
rebbi
I never had the 93, but I had one of the older, cheaper models, and it was quite respectable on SACD and HDCD, as well as audio DAD, which is one of my favorite formats.  I just used it as a DVD player, but connected it to my audio system just to play SACDs.  Never used it with a DAC, but I've always owned good CD players for serious listening.  But I think you'll be surprised at how good the Oppos are, especially if you aren't listening side-by-side with something better.  As a matter of fact, my DVD player just broke and I was thinking of buying the new Oppo 205.  
Post removed 
I do have one other question about this unit. If you choose to use an external DAC, do you lose the ability to play SACD’s or HDCD’s? In other words, I’m not clear where the circuitry to decode those formats "lives." Right now I have a Musical Fidelity M1 DAC, so I’m trying to figure out if I use that external DAC whether it will mess up the functionality of these other disk formats. Hope that question makes sense. Thank you!
Post removed