US 2x110 volt 60Hz the same as 220Volt 50Hz

I have four solid state monoblocks in Germany, which I would love to try in my system here in the US. I have a 2x110 volt=220 Volt - 60 Hz line here in the US and would like to know, if I could use my German amps which need 220 Volt but only 50 Hz. So basically it is the same voltage but the Hz, 60 Hz here in the US, versus 50 Hz in Germany.
I talked to the German manufacturer and he told me ,it would be quite expensive to change the power supply, since a lot of labor would be involved. These amps have no switching power supplies.
Anybody here with enough technical knowledge to help me?
Not only do I need to know, if I can run my amps, but what about the sound quality? I know I can run German 220 Volt equipment on this line, I have a power washer from Germany, which has been working fine for years, but there, the sound quality does not matter of course.
tekunda

Showing 1 response by audiopath

I agree with Sndsel above. He is right on with his response. The only thing that I would add is that transformers usually are designed to work at a certain frequency (such as 50hz) and if you reduce the frequency (to lower than 50hz), then the hystersis losses caused by the lower frequency will result in overheating of the transformer. If you go to a higher frequency, then there should be no problem. It will probably work, but check with the manufacturer.