Upgrading Wadia 170i IDoc to new 171 IPod dock

I have owned for about a year now the first Wadia 170i IPod dock and the $280 ICAudio upgraded power supply and lastly am using the Kimber illuminations D60 cable going to my DAC, which is actually a Cambridge AZURE 840C CD player. my question is has anybody upgraded to the latest 171i IPod dock and was it worth it? My current setup using lossless files sounds pretty good, but not quite as good as a CD. So please, with my current configuration and your experience with the new dock, is it worth the investment - Thanks!
Rpg
rpg

Showing 1 response by chenglo1

I just bought the new Wadia 171i today. I have not had much time to do in depth auditions at home but have encountered problems with the remote control. i have the latest gen itouch (i think gen 4??) which i rec'd for xmas. the remote works 75% of the time with ability to choose songs and navigate menus if within the first 2 minutes. then after that, about 90% of the time you can move fwd or reverse within that specific album or play list only. sometimes, there is no response at all. my ipod video gen 5 will not work at all on this dock which i found out b4 i bought it from testing at my local dealer. from the earlier posts above, sounds like Wadia is aware of this and has halted sales??? i think i'll be returning mine for sure then. this was my alternative to getting into vinyl and buying a room full of records to replace my ipod and cd collection. could have been so nice if this would just work like it's supposed to!