Upgrading Turntables. Stick with Rega?

So I'm new to here, but I think I have the bug that is referred to as being an "audiophile" By the way; I'm not entirely sure if I'm comfortable with the term. Can't I just love good quality music? I guess I am admittedly becoming more obsessed with every passing day. Anyways, I'm planning on upgrading my Turntable. It's time. I've spent a fair amount of time on a recent Rega P2 with my own Sumiko Pearl MM that's on loan from a dealer near me. I love it to be honest. I had a Denon 35f prior, so this is a big step up for me. 

So, what I'm looking for is advice on what's best for my budget. It's around 1k and preferably less. 

I know that I don't want anything by Pro-Ject, and probably Music Hall. The Carbon, and 1xpression classic just don't do it for me. I'm not crazy for the Ortofon Red either. I much prefer the Sumiko Pearl. 

Being very fond of the Rega P2 I'm thinking it would make the most sense to just stay with Rega for now. But, should I stay with the P2? I'm not sure about the auto bias adjustments on the rb220, but being relatively inexperienced is this even a valid concern? I like everything I've seen on the newest P3, but again, being relatively inexperienced, would I likely even notice the benefits from the P3? 

Im considering getting an older Rega table, but I can't really decide, and the dealer I live closest to very rarely has the older Rega's in to demo. What would someone who's familiar with Rega recommend to someone who's forming a budding relationship with Rega? I wouldn't mind upgrading as time went on, but I'd like to at least start with a Planar 2 due to the base features being a step above the 1.  

Or or maybe there's another turntable manufacturer aside from Rega worth looking into that can provide the same quality for the same price? 

Any advice is helpful, even simple "Just stick with what you have and stop posting long drawn out discussions asking very simple questions" 

I know at this point that I plan on staying analog for a long time. I'm actually thinking about getting home to play some new records I got in the mail today!! 

Thanks for your time. 

128x128audiodoggy
Love my Rega RP6 with GT reference subplatter and Herbie Way Excellent II 2mm mat.

here's something to consider

turntables-linn-lp12-turntable-2017-04-23-analog-94501-coast-guard-isla-ca

better then the rega and future resale proof

and yet another option I would not rule out used you can get more value for your dollar.

turntables-custom-lenco-restoration-based-on-the-l-75-heavy-layered-plinth-upgraded-rega-tonearm-2017-04-21-analog-98292-stanwood-wa

Whats up with you guys, lad said he wanted to stay under 1k and is new to hobby and you suggest Lenco, RP6 , Linn  et all .