Upgrading the "original " Rogue Sphinx integrated amp to the new version 2 (v-2)??

I have the original Rogue "Sphinx" integrated amp which was introduced approx. 4 years ago. There are upgrades now available for $400.00 plus round trip shipping. The upgrades focus on headphone output level;  increasing output level of phono stage, and general noise floor reduction,  Has any original  Rogue. Sphinx owner had these upgrades done?? and is it WORTH IT, THAT IS, demonstrates a noticeable improvement in sound quality. especially noise floor

I ask because the upgrades with  shipping will cost $600 from Rogue's factory in Pennsylvania to the West Coast ( they will not pay for return shipping).  It is a nice integrated amp, but no classic. I have considered taking that $600 and adding maybe $1100, and buying something new or used mint that is superior in sound quality for around $1800-$2000. Must have a excellent phono stage that can do both MM/MC, and be 100-150 RMS.   All suggestions and recommendation are welcomed.   Thank you

sunnyjim
Sunnyjim, I have been away for several days traveling. I like your thinking regarding making a significant upgrade. Given that you seem happy with your Sphinx and have owned it 4 years you could keep it a couple more without it losing much value to depreciation. I would start a 'piggybank' for this purpose and continue research towards an upgrade that will make a greater impact. 
Thank you the response. What you said makes good sense. There is an upgrade path which cost about $500, but all that merely get me more out put on phono stage and more on the head stage (I don't need more there because i have a pair of AKG 240 Reference phones which are very good.)  Rogue HQ claims that improvements to the phono circuit  provides a 3.5mV range for highout coils. That will work with Dynavector 10X5, but with the Denon 101R which has a ..035.mV  output or the  Ortofon Quintet Red which is at.. 03.mV. I need to see some definitive proof that this amp upgrades provide a lower noise floor.  Rogue screwed up by not providing a simple pre-amp out on this integrated. I guess they want customers to buy their new line of pre-amps. Therefore, I  believe the upgrades will only  be marginally helpful.. 
This is an old thread, but I just tried the variable out on my Sphinx v2, and it does not run through the tubes.  How do I know? - when you switch the power on from standby look through the grating over the tubes.  They start lighting up.  Put a signal through the variable outs, and then put the amp back on standby.  The signal continues.  The tubes fade out.  Plus I got a low level noise in the speakers, which I did not track down.  I expect the var. out runs through a circuit similar to the headphone jack.