Upgrading Rega P9 + RB1000

I'm a novice in vinyl world. Just four months now with my current system; Rega P9 (with Ringmat) + RB1000 (with Expressimo Counterweight) + Benz Micro Ruby H. The phono cable is directly connected to the CAT SL1 Ultimate Preamp. I do not hear significantly better sound to compare with my digital source (Audio Aero Capitole MK2 CDP). More natural and superior dynamic, but woody coloration with no greater details.

Anyone recommend modification of my TT, like rewiring of the Rega's phono cable to Cardas or Incognito?
Any special isolation device?
Or Do I have to change it to an another TT?
yhyun

Showing 2 responses by stefanl

I believe that if you put a DIN plug on the Rega arm you can then use some tonearm grade pure silver wire(Audio Note U.K) and solder a direct connection to your phono stage,without using RCA plugs.This is the best thing to do apart from a complete rewire.stefanl
There is an interesting Phono FAQ on the Van den Hul website.Specifically no.147 on direct wiring to your phono stage.There are about 4(or more) rewire kits for Rega arms available.Without getting too complicated, regarded opinion seems to favour copper over silver wire.A review of the benefits of modding your basic RB 250/300 by Paul Szadaby in Stereo Times is good reading as is the Origin Live site.stefanl