Upgrading interconnects?

I'm thinking about upgrading interconnects in my system.I'm now using MIT mi330 balanced from my cd player to my pre-amp and MIT 330 shotgun balanced from my pre-amp to my amp.All this wire was bought in the late 90s..
System:
Cd-Audio Research ref7
Preamp-Pass Labs x1
Amps-Pass Labs x600s
I would like to make a upgrade without breaking the bank'I like the Mit wire but i'm willing to try some other brands out there..Any opinions would be great..
spaz
I am not speaking of 0/180 degrees,as a subwwoofer filter/crossover.I have heard MIT and the filtering/Band Pass filters do effect the frequency spectrum/sound.Changing out to a piece of wire which does not try to do such sophisticated spectrum/frequency shaping may or may not be an eye opener.
The passive filtering may give a smoother top-end or fuller midrange/midbass,but I can't see how its' attack/sustain/decay characteristics would be better than a straight wire configuration,as a passive component in-line will contribute its' own signature.If the source component,pre or power amplification can't provide what is needed,then fixing it with a filtering network after-the-fact is much like a bandaid.You would need to know what you are trying to correct and not issue a "blanket" filter.As the filter for one system would not be applicable to another.
I don't know that I can explain this differently.It is something that must be experienced.Every system has its' own contribution to the perceived sound.Whether that is to the listeners' preference is another issue and its' adherence to the source yet another.
My two-cents:try it or ignore it.
I think the consensus is that it's great stuff. The Euro-Dollar exchange rate is not helpful to making sure that more people hear how wonderful these speakers are.
Just don't pair them with Threshold or wide-bandwith designs,as they can cause these amplifiers to go into oscillation (Noted on the Threshold website).
When you think about controlling a driver,it is about coupling the amp and driver.This is less likely with a filter in-line,as the whole audio signal is passed through it.
Would this not also effect the amount of negative feedback required to keep the amp stable.The back EMF from the driver is at different phase angles,due to the crossover and other items inserted between the amp/spkr combination.
I can understand why these cables are well promoted by dealers,as they can receive up to a 70 point margin.
Tpsonic
You got me on this one.All I know is that in 15 years of going to different audio stores and shows the best sounding systems were always wired with MIT cable. Though I would like to try some other brand's and I have in the past.It always seems like MIT sound the best to my ears..No matter what system I had!!