Upgrade Time

I hate to post another integrated vs separates discussion but I could use some input. My current system is Olympica Nova II's, Cambridge 851N (streamer/DAC/preamp), Cambridge 651W (amp).

I'm planning on spending <$10K on my next component upgrade which I'm thinking will be a new amp. I'm curious how folks here would allocate that money. My initial thought is to use that money towards a separate amp and just go all in on that. In a year or two I can upgrade the preamp or DAC. I certainly wouldn't be spending more than $10K for this future upgrade. Probably closer to 5-8K but who knows, maybe I'll feel compelled to go big again.

Given how far integrateds have come, however, I'm wondering if I'd actually be better off spending the 10K going that route.

Either way, I'm curious to hear which models you recommend. 
128x128jpearson3131
worthy speakers, I'd love to hear them.

I encourage trying tubes, and am always tempted by the Raven Blackhawk millercarbon just bought and recommends after actual listening which is quite an endorsement.

One optional feature is their built-in high pass crossover to move the bass load to a self-powered sub or separate amp(s).

I think the speakers are set up for bi-amp so you have future options.
Basically you are saying the Cambridge DAC/Pre-amp will significantly drag down even a $10K level amp...I wonder if others agree with this?
Uh, that’d be yes x 1000!!!  NEVER underestimate the importance of a preamp — it can make or break a system.  The DAC is up there two so you’d be doing a nice amp a disservice on both counts. 

This conversation needs to start with what sound characteristics are most important to you and what you’re looking to improve upon over what you are hearing now.  Otherwise — and as you can already see happening here now — you’re just going to get a wide range of personal preferences that may or may not have anything to do your own, which is basically useless or even counterproductive.  So start by stating your personal preferences and goals and you’ll get much better recommendations here.  My $0.02. 

@soix I hear what you're saying and it make sense. I'm at the exploratory phase at this moment so the wide range of recommendations is actually helpful. I wish I could say I'm looking for exactly XYZ but I can't. Actually I don't wish that because I still have some fun ahead of me figuring that out. It's good to hear different perspectives so I don't get sucked into one line of thinking. Again, I don't know what I don't know here as I'm moving up into better equipment for the first time. The Olympica Nova's have not even arrived yet and this upgrade doesn't need to happen immediately. So in the meantime, it's fun to think about and research all the options.
I think given the price range you are looking at an integrated would be a great idea. I really love the Audio Research VSi75 for wonderful musicality, detail, and power. If I was in the market in this price range, this is what I would buy.
10k, one component, I’d be all over one of Pass Labs or Luxman’s high end integrateds. End game.