Upgrade phono stage?

Have an AudioNote M1 phono MM.  It still delivers great music!  I don't know if I should upgrade the phono stage part.  Purchase a stand alone phono stage and run it through the aux inputs?  

Gear, George Wright mono blocks 2a3 (set)
          Audio Note M1 phono MM
          Jager Speakers (Bottlehead)
          Rega P3
robertod2a3
Chakster, Buried somewhere I still have one of my old Stanton 681EE cartridges brush and all. In it's day it was a great cartridge (brush removed) In no way is it a match for something like the Ortofon 2M Black never mind the Clearaudio MM cartridges or the current crop of Audio Technica cartridges. Some things are better left in the past.
Chakster, u have any MM you would like to part with?  I've looked at a few stand alone phono stages, Decware and Bottlehead....
Chakster, when I asked part with, I was willing to purchase. NVM, I found a couple for sale.  should get them this weekend.  Thanks.
@mijostin

Buried somewhere I still have one of my old Stanton 681EE cartridges brush and all. In it’s day it was a great cartridge (brush removed) In no way is it a match for something like the Ortofon 2M Black never mind the Clearaudio MM cartridges or the current crop of Audio Technica cartridges.

Let me show you something: Vintage Stanton Catalog for nearly all models, except my favorite Signature Model (Collector’s Series 100) released later on.

As you can see there is 681 series, then 881 series and on top there is 980-981 series.

You’re referring to entry-level model, which is also good, but not the best at all, your "E" does not even have Stereohedron stylus which is the key to the magic of Stanton/Pickering sweet sound (like a master tape). This is one of the best profiles in the history. It’s not Elliptical, it’s LINE CONTACT type with expanded contact area.

If you want to try Stanton or Pickering find Stanton 981 or Pickering 75000, those cartridges are High-End and highly regarded on audiogon by many owners.

ClearAudio MM generator is nothing but a cheap Audio-Technica generator, it’s been said years ago in MM thread on audiogon. That German company is not a cartridge manufacturer, they use parts from AT. But ClearAudio is expensive!

The Audio-Technica is nice company, their carts are reasonably priced.

@robertod2a3

Chakster, u have any MM you would like to part with?

Since i’ve been buying’ every "cartridge of the month" mentioned in old MM thread on audiogon i ended up with some serious stuff in multiple samples (like many of us on here). Many NOS samples not even opened yet. Some working horses (MM) are always in use in comparison with LOMC on my two Luxman PD-444 with 4 different tonearms. If you need help PM me.

@samzx12

Thank goodness I spoke for his Audio Technica ML150 OCC.

Let us know what you think when you will get one