Upgrade phenomenon

What do you call the improvement to your system that you get after you’ve made a new purchase, but before you’ve even received the new component, speaker, cable, or doohickey? I shifted my speakers a tiny bit. I looked at the GIK website and took some room measurements to investigate room treatments. I bought my first new tube power amp after months of agonizing and research and saving spare change (and maybe a little embezzlement, but that’s a secret). I bought some new cables. But I haven’t changed anything yet, just placed the orders. Is my system just happy because I’m finally giving it some TLC and buying it presents? 
cat_doorman
+1 wolf_garcia LOL hilarious!

cat_doorman, what’s to stress over, unless you shouldn’t have spent the money! I suggest you get totally stressed, upset stomach, itchy, sleepless... maybe even tension headaches. It all helps the distressing when the equipment comes and you realize that things do actually change rather dramatically.

Then you can begin the process of great self-congratulation for being such a genius in buying equipment unheard and having such a big positive result! You can conclude that now you are SO close to state of the art sound that it’s not possible for it to get any better.

In other words, the typical Audiophile Nervosa experience. ;)

Seriously, try all variants, because no one here can tell you which system setup will be superior to your ears. For inspiration, read my recent review of the Kinki Studio EX-M1+ Integrated Amplifier at Dagogo.com
Ignore the sound quality discussion, as you just bought and do not want to second guess. Pay attention to the need for exploring alternative configurations. You are on the right track.

But, really, you need to do something about your stress level! ;)
I'm sure impressed with my Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP power amp.  It's better than anything else I've heard in my system - McIntosh, McCORMACK, and several lesser amps as well.  If you bought without hearing a demo, you're in for a very pleasant treat.
@wolf_garcia at last audio advice I can believe in. Lol

@douglas_schroeder I stress about EVERYTHING. That’s my major hobby. ;)
Since I’ve had the same basic setup for a long time I’m planning on trying to experience a lot of different audio flavors. On the way is a tube amp that can run EL34 to KT150 tunes in ultralinear or triode. And rolling the 12AU7 gain tubes should add ever more coloring options. A beefy SS and maybe a little class A will add more combos once I figure out a few preamp options. I’m determined to home demo the Zu Omen DW next run and probably the Magnepan LRS too. Klipsch, Focal, and Spendor are on my list of in store listening (whenever I can make it to the big city). There are so many great DACs to choose from too. At some point I may even venture down the vinyl rabbit hole that I’ve successfully avoided so far. I imagine I’ll end up with at least 2 systems with spare components before I’m done. Bookmarked your review but haven’t had a chance to read it yet. 
@bhakti-rider glad to hear more positive reassurance. I haven’t demoed anything in years, but I’ve read quite a bit over time. I finally pulled the trigger so I could buy new before they’re all gone. I like to buy new if it’s something with a warranty that I plan on keeping. They’ve already taken the legacy products off the Primaluna website.