Upgrade my tone arm?

I proudly own a super nice Woodsong Garrard 301 with an Ortophon RS 309D arm and a Myajima Shalabi cartridge. My phono stage is it he one in my Atma-Sphere MP-3 preamp. Upgrade fever has taken hold and I am thinking of getting a Triplaner tonearm. I do have dual arm boards on my Woodsong. I understand that the Triplaner would be a significant upgrade. However, since I am fairly new to analog, it has been a steep learning curve. Such a big investment is in question since I don’t completely understand how much of an improvement a significantly better arm would be. Any advise would be appreciated.
mglik
The Ortofon RS-309D is a very good tonearm. That being said I just upgraded to an Ikeda IT 407 CR1. It was a distinct upgrade from the Ortofon. Currently using it on my Garrard 301 in a Woodsong plinth with an Ikeda cartridge.

I have not owned a Triplaner tonearm so I can't help with any thoughts on that.
Dear @mglik : @mulveling  is rigth. Now, what do you not like abot the quality performance of your cartridge paIRED WITH THAT VERY GOOD TONEARM?

Been a removable headshell design you can change the tonearm/cartridge  " signature " changing and testing different headshells of different headshell build materials and weigth even its shape and you can upgrade too the headshell wires for a better ones and this makes a difference for the better always.

Other up-grade you can do is to rewire the ortofon internal wiring for this one:

https://www.zavfino1877.com/4litz3ag-pure-silver-tonearm-re-wire-kit

and you know wnever hat: TriplaNAR CAN'T TOUCH THAT UP-GRADED oRTOFON, YOU WILL HAVE A 10k TONEARM.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
I've been using a Tri-Planar with Lyra Kleos for a couple of years now and could not be happier.  You might find that upgrading both the tonearm and cartridge to be well suited to each other is a better way to go, but you'll never know until you've heard these combos for yourself.
For a low compliance cart you need a heavy tonearm like Ikeda, you can also look for 12” inch Reed 3P with the heaviest armwand (18g).