Upgrade from Pass Labs XA30.8 to X250.8. Worth it?

I am getting ready to make some upgrades to the system. I currently running a DAC into a BAT51SE, then a Pass Labs XA30.8, then finally into Decware DM947 speakers (don't worry if you've never heard of them; not the last word in speakers, but have been doing a solid job for about 5 years now.)

I am contemplating moving up the Pass Labs amplifier line, and the X250.8 looks attractive. I would like to hear more bass authority and definition, but I don't really want to sacrifice the mids and highs of the 30.8. 

I would love to hear some of your impressions of the X250.8, especially if you are able to make some direct comparisons to the XA30.8. I've spoken with both Mark at Reno Hifi, and Kent English of Pass Labs; both are wonderful and informative people. What I am interested in now is the opinions and experiences of end users of either of these amps. 

Thanks! 
willrich47
@tjassoc I’ve read your last post a few times. I’d love to get my hands on a set of 200.5’s. Every review I’ve read makes me think those are THE amps to own. Perhaps even over the 200.8’s. Thanks for the insights.
Will - enjoying music is what it's all about.
whitecamaross has a LONG amplifier review post going. It also includes pre-amp's and speakers. He's reviewed the 200.5's and was supposed to review the 200.8's but the transaction was canceled. He hasn't posted in a while but I'm confident he'll continue his record setting review thread.
Glad to share - good luck and happy listening :-)
@willrich47 I have driven my former Tekton Double Impacts and current DI SEs with the Pass XA30.8 (and the XP20). It is a very good pairing for Tekton’s speakers.

I do not believe you will need any more power than what the 30.8s have on hand. In fact, I doubt you will utilize more than a fraction of the Class A 60 Watts into 4 Ohms for the Tektons.

My recommendation is to keep the 30.8 and put what you have set aside for a replacement amp towards a high quality power supply/conditioner. The upside of a quality power conditioner is that it IMPACTS all components in your system.

With respect to the Pass XA30.8 based system...my Synergistic PowerCell 12 SE transformed my system’s performance to a level that had I chosen the PowerCell first (instead of evaluating amps and subsequently choosing one) I would have been reluctant to explore other amps.

You haven’t posted a systems page, so I do not know if you already have a power conditioner. If you do not, I highly recommend exploring the choices available and pairing your choice with a top notch power cable. All the best!
Will - we also use a high end power conditioner and some of the best power cords available. Clean power transforms a system's performance - highly recommended.
@david_ten thanks for the report on the exact system I want to upgrade to! 

When I visited Tekton Design, they had their DI’s set up with a tube amp. The logo said “Raven” on the front, and it appeared to be using a pair of EL-34’s for each channel. Maybe 25 watts or so. I didn’t get a close look.

Through the DI’s, that tube amp seemed to have some punch and grunt. I know how those kinds of amps typically sound. They usually sound a bit weak on the low end. I know the XA30.8 is going to make the Double Impacts sing!