Upgrade from Adcom GFP-750?

Having recently added a Bryston 9BSST, I'm thinking about upgrading from my Stan Warren modified Adcom GFP-750. I've been pleased with my Adcom's sound, flexibility and reliability, and I think I'll be even more pleased when the modified unit arrives. But I'm wondering if and how much better I could do within my budget (~$1500, used). I'd prefer to stay with SS. The main contenders are the BAT VK-20, Bryston BP25, and Conrad-Johnson PFR. Would any of these, or others not on my short list, represent a significant upgrade in sound quality? I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

System:
Adcom GFP-750
Bryston 9BSST
Linn Ikemi
Thiel CS2.3
Kimber KCAG ics
Acoustic Zen Satori cables
lmack

Showing 2 responses by lmack

I used the Adcom both active and passive: active for rock, electronic, ambient; passive for jazz, classical, acoustic. I might be willing to increase my budget to retain the flexibility of both options.
You're right, Ivanj, and that's what I'll be doing. But I still like to explore the possibilities, in case something very attractive comes up used. So far, I like the Pass and Sim possibilities, even if they would mean stretching my budget a bit. Any more suggestions would be most welcome, and thanks all for the suggestions so far.