upgrade Dynaudio Special 40 to Kef Reference 1

Hi,

I am planning on an upgrade. I am currently using Dynaudio Special 40 speakers with a Hegel Rost amp and JL audio subwoofer. Will i notice big difference if I upgrade to the Kef Reference 1 speakers? Another option I am considering is to upgrade the Hegel Rost amp to a Yamaha AS3000 amp. Which upgrade is more beneficial at this time since I can only do one upgrade. Thanks.
sasbyte
Drop that 40 and give Fritz a call. Had the special 40 next to his Fritz Carrera Be and it wasn’t even close. That 40 has a disappointing midrange, the Fritz on the other hand sounds like single point driver had a baby with a bigger Harbebth
Drop that 40 and give Fritz a call. Had the special 40 next to his Fritz Carrera Be and it wasn’t even close. That 40 has a disappointing midrange, the Fritz on the other hand sounds like single point driver had a baby with a bigger Harbebth
I finally decided to keep the Dynaudio S40 speakers and grabbed a PASS Int 60 integrated amplifier. Now I have the sound i was looking for. Smooth, lush, detailed, sweet sounding amp. My next speaker purchase will be the dynaudio confidence 20.