upgrade Dynaudio Special 40 to Kef Reference 1

Hi,

I am planning on an upgrade. I am currently using Dynaudio Special 40 speakers with a Hegel Rost amp and JL audio subwoofer. Will i notice big difference if I upgrade to the Kef Reference 1 speakers? Another option I am considering is to upgrade the Hegel Rost amp to a Yamaha AS3000 amp. Which upgrade is more beneficial at this time since I can only do one upgrade. Thanks.
sasbyte

Showing 2 responses by kren0006

Kef and Dynaudio sound totally different, in general. I prefer Dynaudio sound but that’s just me. Dyn’s are typically harder to drive (more difficult impedance curves, lower sensitivities). Kef is good too though, especially if it is important to you that the entire room sounds pretty good, as opposed to being optimal in one listening location. Kefs might be better than almost any other brand in that feature. Really good choice if H/T a part of your system and whole family watches movies together, for example (foregoing not at all to suggest Kef not good for music, it is as well).
I do think it’s strange that when you go to the Kef website, they list the blades and the LS50 as their flagship lines, and the ref line and everything else under hifi lines. 
At least it was that way up until a few weeks ago haven’t checked recently. 
Does seem odd that they’d sell ref 1 at many times the cost of “flagship” LS50. Odd marketing choice on their part to group things that way. 
Note I’m not comparing ref1 to LS50 myself as I don’t really have an opinion. My point only that kef’s marketing groupings are curious