Upgrade advise: ATI, Bryston, Aragon,

I have a home theater with a Denon AVR3300, NHT 2.5i, NHT 1.5i, and NHT SW3P. I am going to slowly upgrade. First, I want a new amplifier. I have on order a ATI 1506, which is 150x6, and bridgeable to 450x3. My objective is flexibility and, obviously, quality. I have just learned it will take a awhlie before ATI makes any more 1506's. This has caused me to rethink my purchase. Should I get a 2 channel, such as a Bryston 4B-ST, or Aragon 8008BB, to allow flexibilty in the future, perhaps use in a music only system later? Thoughts?
leehuff770e

Showing 1 response by lakerat2124

Leehuff, I understand your position completely. I was there a few months ago. I had a AVR 3300 and went to a Adcom 555. I have now gone to a Bryston 4B-ST. I considered ATI as well as many others. I went to the Bryston because of performance, price and WARRENTY. I really think it is in a league above the adcom. In fact I thought, after much listening that it was a step up from ATI and Aragon (to me anyway) as well. I have also gone to a B&K 3090 Pre/Pro. Anyway, a thumbs up from me for the Bryston 4B-ST. It will cost about 1300-1400 used. Still under a long warrenty and you can always sell it back for the same if you don't like it. Hope this helps and happy listening.......LR