Upgrade advice from old Cardas Quadlink 5 RCA Interconnects

I have been using these old 6 ft blue Cardas Quadlink 5 RCA interconnects for... I dunno....25 years (??) now and am considering an upgrade.  I need at least 5 ft length.
What is the next upgrade in USED Cardas cables?  I don;t understand their line nor how these older cables fit into them.  I am pretty sure I want to stick with Cardas simply because I have been so impressed by these older cables.

For sound, I just like neutrality and not bright.  I have another pair of MIT Magnum 3 (?) interconnects that are more modern and more expensive but I still feel the older Cardas is a better cable for me.  I purchased these Cardas new but honestly, I am shocked by the prices of new cables... can't believe it actually so am looking for used.

Usage:  Between my PS Audio DirectStream DAC and a PrimaLuna HP integrated.
Thanx for you help.
Bruce in Philly
bruce_philly

Showing 1 response by audiobasic2006

Good Morning, bruce in philly:
You could try to look for the older series Hexlink 5 of better yet Hexlink Golden 5-C as they would be along the lines of the Quadlink 5s but more of everything. If need something more neutral, then (pardon the pun), Neutral Reference. These may be more cost effect that the newer line(s). 5' (approx. 1.5m and longer Hexlink 5s and Golden 5-C come up for sale quite often. Personally, I prefer the Golden 5-C as it is better and a little warmer sounding (some don't like them at all and they know who they are). Enjoy the music.  :o)

Sincerely,Kingsley.