Upgade... Amp choices???

After auditioning the B&W naut 805's with my system and hearing very little difference a discussion with my local dealer indicated that I need an external amp for my mains. Present system consist of Denon avr2800, Onkyo Integra dvd, and Polk bookshelf (can't remember no. but tweeter and 2 5.5inch mids) that sound very good for their age, Velodyne 10 inch sub. The biggest disappointment with the system is having to play at high spl in order to obtain feel for the music. Low levels everything looses focus and seems to blur. No soundstage and very flat. The search is on and I have found these amps that interest me but there is no dealer local for me to demo any of them.

ATI 1502 150wx2, Belles 150A 2x100 (?),McCormack DNA 0.5 100x2, Rotel RB 1080-2x200.

For the immediate time will be using the Denon pre outs to the amp but I will, in near future, be adding a pre amp and am leaning to Magnepan mmg's or aci saphire III le for speakers. Want to get an amp that will provide speaker flexibility and have the ability to maintain dynamics at lower volume. Price wise will be buying used and all of these fit within the budget(around $600-800). All suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
scoly

Showing 1 response by ton1313

Odysseyaudio.com
Check out the Stratos from Odyssey. This is one killer amp for a very reasonable price. This amp received great reviews from all of the Stereo Mags. I noticed a huge improvement over my Carver amp.