Update my Meridian 588?

Hi everbody, I am thinking about changing my cd player, the Meridian 588 to something better, this is my system.
Meridian 588 cd player
DK Design VS.1 Reference MK2 Integrated amp.
Amphion xenon speekers.

I really like the 588 when playing something like vigilante man with Ry Cooder on the disc Live in San Francisco.
up the volume a bit and its like being there, but sometimes I would like a bit better resolution but still with the analog and beautiful sounding blues guitar and a beautifully sounding piano where one can hear the notes decay very nicely, also I like a good reproduction of voices.
As I hope you guys can see, I like detail, but never harsh, I am more to the analog sound and sound that make you sit at a intimate concert in your living room.
I am also open for streaming from my macbook pro to a dac if you guys think I can get a better sound than I have now, I can spend between $2000 to $4000.
Hope for some replies.

Thanks.
gryphongryph

Showing 3 responses by gryphongryph

Looks interesting, but it seams to just take usb, I would like to be able use it with my 588 also.
Have you any experience with Auralic Vega dac. ?
Hi Gerrot, many thanks for replying, having used the 588 before.
I must say that I am very surprised to hear you say that the 588 is still today a much better player than the Ayre dac !
Although the Esoteric looks very nice indeed, I am afraid it is a bit out of my price range, when I update, I would like to have the newest in the market today, as I have a feeling that the dac market is evolving very fast these days. I am likely to keep my next purchase for many years to come.
Got a offer on a Primare Dac 30, looks really interesting, and it has gotten great reviews, just worry if there will be a update to this dac soon?
It came out in 2013!

What do you guys think? ;-)