Upcoming plasma 1080p tv's vs Sony SXRD LoCS?

Hi everyone,
I recently read that the plasma tv manufacturers will be introducing new 1080p models latter this year, or early next year.
I am especially interested in the upcoming Pioneer and Panasonic 1080p plasma displays.
I love the slim profile and sexiness of a flat panel display such as a plasma, but I still feel that the Sony SXRD LoCS rear projection tv's still surpass them in overall video quality and video detail resolution.
I was extremely interested in the future SED tv's, but read with great disappointment that they will be delayed until 2008! I am beginning to wonder if they will EVER be available?
What do you all feel the video quality will be like on the new 1080p plasma displays?
Do you all feel thats there is any chance that the 1080p plasmas could equal or surpass the Sony SXRD rptv's in overall video quality?
Any comments on this and/or the SED tv delay would be greatly appreciated.
daltonlanny

Showing 1 response by northwoods_maine

I'm hoping that Sony includes 1080p input on next years' SXRD RPTV models. From what I was told, Sony didn't include them this year simply to save a few bucks as there wasn't any 1080p sources available anyways. I've looked at a lot of options and I think the 60" SXRD will be my next TV. I'm in the process of upgrading electronics this year so I'm willing to wait until August or so when the new models arrive on showroom floors. Maybe someone on here who was at CES already knows if 1080p input/s will be on the next model?