Up to $4500 burning a hole in my pocket

I recently sold my last 2 sets of speakers. I am redoing my man cave and will take the speaker proceeds to buy a new set for down there. I want to go floorstander this time, something with killer dynamics but still detailed and musical. Whatever has to have great sock you in the gut mid bass.
For amplification I have odyssey stratos extreme with Jolida Fusion Preamp. Also sometimes run Cayin A100T. Have a JL Fathom for the low low end.
The room is about 13x20 10ft ceilings. 
This is a no wife input zone so I will be doing whatever regarding looks of the speakers and room treatments that I want. 
Speakers will go on the short wall. 
There is a local guy selling Klipsch Chorus 2 with upgraded Crites crossovers and tweeter I want to take a look at. These seem to hold their value decently and I could probably break even if I sell them. Not sure I will like them but the retro look is kinda cool and I am sure they go loud but need to be somewhat refined ans detailed as well.
Only other contender so far is really the Tekton Double Impact. These really intrigue me as to if they really are as good as some say. No dealers so demo is out and I would rather buy used and these are too new for that. Only other floorstander I have owned for a while is the GE Triton 1. While very nice I want to try something different. Any suggestions on what else I should be looking at and my current candidates?

mofojo

Showing 1 response by soundsrealaudio

Well mofojo 

First I must commend you on not being concerned about the dreaded "wife input" which in my experience seems to never be resolved. 

Since that hurdle has been crossed you are a free ( except of alimony payments ) to choose the perfect speaker, within your somewhat limited budget.

Be patient with persistent and somewhat annoying questions regarding you music tastes, that one is much to personal, Eric will surely mention room treatments, which I personally loath and many others. 

Well good luck.