up to $2,500 to spend............

At crossroads....need input...

Lets say....if one has a budget of $2,500 to spend. Thinking of other digital playback options besides SACD or CD Player route.

Though not a newbie...I am not tech inclined and prefer a system that is simple. I have all the cabling neccessary for dedicated cdps...ie...rca interconnects...a nice powercord. Don't need super convenience of accessing music/songs at a mere touch of the Ipad etc etc. I really am ok with getting up to change Cds (remote a must though). I am fine with just sacd or cd (95 percent of my collection is redbook cd)...having to do without  spotify or tidal is fine...at least for next 5 years. 

I am after a certain SQ though. Rich and full bodied sound...I listen to jazz vocal and acoustic instrumental almost exclusively. Smooth non etched top end. Detail is nice but I am ok with sacrificing some detail for an overall smooth non fatiguing listening experience.

Am I able to get into other options in digital playback with the above budget or should I stick with the good olde SACD/CD player?

Thanks!

pc123v

Showing 1 response by michaela

+2 on a Modwright Oppo 105D, it really is an absolute bargain used for $2,500.00, I am very impressed with mine and I haven't really started tube rolling in it yet.