UNIverse Cu ,XV-1S,Shelter 9000 wt BATVkp10seSupe

I have a TNT6 with 12.6 arm. I am very happy with my Shelter 901 cartridge. I can run the BAT direct without utilizing the step up amp. I like that. The Zyx universe copper has a very low output and mass which would require the step up Amp and silver weight. The Dynavector will not require alteration in mass or the Step up. And how about the shelter 90x or 9000. They will mate well with output and mass. But is there a significant improvement over my 901? Now I really do love my current setup but would consider up grading if significant improvement could be had. What do you think? My music is JAZZ and Rock. Richard
hamburg

Showing 3 responses by rauliruegas

Dear Richard: The 90X is a very good choice and an improvement in the quality sound reproduction over the 901.

The XV-1s is a very good cartridge too but has a different presentation than the 90X: it has a more natural/neutral balance and IMHO overall is a little better.

Both are great with your kind of music, my choice: XV-1s but you can't go wrong with either.

Btw, I understand that HW use the XV 1s like his reference in its own VPI products, this could means something, don't you think?

Regards and enjoy the music.
Raul.
Dear Jeff: No it is not warmer in character it is better tonal balance, it does not " show " any frequency range over others like in the Shelter bass range.

Raul.
Dear Doug: IMHO, neither Allaerts ( I agree with JCarr ) and Myabi are on the warm side, as a fact the 90X either, at least not at Koetsu level.

If you already heard the Allaerts MC 2 Finish ( that I own ) or the Formula one and your heard that " warm sound ", maybe that was because a " signature " sound any where in the audio system. I want to remember you that only a first rate Phonolinepreamp can do justice to those Allaerts cartridges ( obvious that matched with the right tonearm ).

Now, I'm not sure what do you name " warm sound ". I know your system sound and the ZYX " sound " that is on the bright side and there is nothing wrong with that, but named to the Allaert a " warm sound " cartridge because it is not bright but more natural/neutral is a misunderstood.

Raul.