Underwood Hifi Cables

So now I’m back to stock cables and need 2 power cables and a pair of xlrs. I talked with Walter at Underwood about my situation. He stored my info and order but I am yet to order. Walters a very cool cat btw. Funny and blunt. Seems like a pretty good deal we worked out just don’t want to buy something that will not be an improvement. Any opinions on the cables from Underwood. I was looking at the mid grade cables that Walter talked highly of. 

thanks
mofojo
Post removed 
I think if you're shopping in the price range you're in, just get yourself some Cullens and be done with it.  Very good quality, fair pricing and good brand recognition if you want to sell and move up to the high-priced stuff. 
Anyone tried the IFI SupaNova? Active cord for around $350. Looks interesting but I thought I could find more reviews but they are basically nil. I have the little IFI Ipurifier and it does it’s job as stated for digital. Real difference from the fire stick for tv. I think I also hear an improvement from the Bluesound to the dac. Without the rambling I am just saying I think the companies products are not complete BS snake oil. 
Always thought cables were BS until Moneeone sent me some cables to try out. Huge improvement across the board. Just more than I want to spend. Really were the 1st aftermarket cables I have tried besides the bottom of the line Nordhost which were horrible! Don’t want any more bass and your system to be bright as all hell, try some of those. System dependent I know but hated them. 
@williewonka 

Even if I buy some cables I’m still going to try out your diy cable build. You’ve obviously done your homework for many years along with some others. Plus I can compare to some lower tier middle of the road cables (hifi priced) whatever I get. 
@mofojo - FYI...

Here’s a couple of posts from another thread about the HELIX DIY power cables
  • Having auditioned many high end pcs over the years, I can’t really recall any I wanted to use on entire system. These are so natural in timbre, tonality, really very little coloration.
  • I’m not up on latest recipes, but I discovered Steve’s original Helix page some time ago. I’ve auditioned many cables over the years using lending library at Cable Company, $1k to $3-4k in all categories. The Helix has been my go to pc for some time, transparency second to none.
  • The Inakustik are the best sounding commercially made cable I have ever heard but are out performed by my DIY Helix cables by a good margin and can be tailored to a particular sound by the conductor of your choice at any time.
RE:
Even if I buy some cables I’m still going to try out your diy cable build. You’ve obviously done your homework for many years along with some others. Plus I can compare to some lower tier middle of the road cables (hifi priced) whatever I get.
I look forward to hearing your observations of all the cables you try. Continuing feedback plays a huge role in cable development

I am a great believer in trusting one’s own ears

Regards - Steve

Thanks Steve,

I'm going to go through all of this and figure out exactly what to order tomorrow and maybe give it a go next weekend if everything has arrived. How much time do you normally have in assembling this cable? Not a big deal just curious. I'm sure it will take me twice the time being a newby. 

Also can you reccomend what you consider the best for each of the components in the cable? If I'm going to take the time to do it I would rather spend a bit more and get it right the first time if within reason.