Underspent on speakers relative to overall system?

I’m sure this has been discussed many times in the past, but was curious about where your systems sits in this breakdown? I am wondering if I underspent on my speakers relative to my overall system. My current, just recently completed system by percentage looks like this:

31% - SOURCE – PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC/BRIDGE II & Roon library management

27% - SPEAKERS – Monitor Audio Platinum PL100’s & REL Storm subwoofer

16% - AMPLIFICATION – PrimaLuna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated

16% - POWER CONDITIONING– PS Audio Power Plant Premier & Panamax MAX® 5300-EX Power Conditioner

6% - CABLES - DH Labs Silver Sonic speaker cables & interconnects, and Pangea power cords

4% - CABINETRY – including AIRCOM CLOUDPLATE T7, QUIET RACK COOLING FAN SYSTEM 2U

Not sure if there are "standard" guidelines of ranges of how much by percentage you should spend in each category.

Look forward to your responses!

Cheers,

Sam

128x128samster777

Showing 1 response by jon_5912

Even if there was an ideal ratio at one price point there's no reason to think it'd hold at another one.  The points of diminishing returns for various types of components aren't going to all be in the same ballpark.  People will fight about what they are like everything else but I'd say the point of diminishing returns for speakers can be much higher than for other components.  It's not to say that speakers get better as

In my opinion, the most important things are the speakers and how they interact with the room.  Second is having enough power.  Source, preamp and amplifier quality are all factors but considerably less significant to the overall sound.  I find differences in cables to generally be below my threshold of interest.  The thing that a lot of people ignore is the room and that makes a far bigger difference than cables or electronics in most cases.