unbalanced xlr input (a24) to mytek balanced output

Does the 6db increase exist in this situation, unbalanced xlr input (a24) to mytek balanced output.  I have searched for the answer and called Parasound and they are finding a tech to call me back but then I thought this would be faster.

Andrew
128x128bryantdrew
Are you sure you meant A24? I can’t find any reference to a Parasound A24 among both current and discontinued products that are listed at their website, or via a Google search.

Also, if you meant A23 (or various other Parasound amplifier models), as far as I can tell its XLR inputs are balanced, not unbalanced as you indicated above.

Finally, what model is the Mytek?

Regards,
-- Al
Let me try again A21. Thats pretty funny. I have the Brooklyn DAC. Adding a couple Sub woofers and need both the XLRs for the A21 and the RCAs for the Subs. I have been messing around with some single drivers and I like them so I figured if I get some good subs I can get all kinds of different drivers. Just curious because the A21 is not an actual balanced input is that 6db increase that usually exists between a true XLR to XLR in this case.
maybe Im getting a true  balanced differential and common XLRs mixed up. Im a little lost. If it is not a balanced differential wouldnt it just be XLRs (really RCAs) connected instead of RCAs?
In the case of the A21 yes, it has true differential XLR inputs. The A23 does not.

However, it’s a trivial thing to adjust for this gain with a sub. The A21 and a sub both have gain adjustments.