Unbalanced hearing

Wondering if anyone has something similar, and how do you deal with it?
For several years at least (I'm in my 40's) I've had high frequency loss and mild tinnitus on the left side only. The right side tests perfectly. I assume its from noise exposure, but I have no explanation for it being one sided.
psag

Showing 1 response by buconero117

I have been a hearing impaired person all my life, and an audiophile too. So, the first thing you need to do is find a good audiologist, one who works with musicians. From that person you need to get an expanded hearing test that will show visually exactly what the hearing curve of each of your ears are. From there you will know exactly what curve you would need to program into an EQ, of which there are many good ones in the market. Will it help? Don't know. Only from trying will you be able to tell if it meets your needs. At least from the hearing test you will have a strong point of being able to asses your hearing loss. Most audiophiles have never had a hearing test, even those said to have 'golden ears'. So, find out exactly what your hearing capabilities are.