Un-WARP your records

Today was very sunny and hot...as I was peeling off my clothes I got to thinking...hey, it's so damn HOT...why not try an experiment!!

Items used for this experiment:

- picture frame
- round 1/4 inch glass table top (the heavier the better)
- suntan lotion
- cold beer

After baking in the sun for three hours the warps were GONE!! The record was completely FLAT!!

Do this with a cheap record first, don't attempt this with your prized ones. I didn't get the chance to spin the record because I wanted to let the vinyl cool down first. I will post my findings and let you know if the experiment was a success.
dogpile

gunbei,
i believe the "peel my clothes off" part was strictly optional!! that may help with the sand...
best regards,
az jake
I own a transcriptor skeleton. Sounded quite good many years ago, considerably better than my td 124 but not as good as my linn. I just unboxed it after 20 years and set it up using the later sme and shure v15. During the storage period the belt stretched so I cannot play. I contacted transcriptor in England but could not figure how to pay in British pounds. I emailed again and have still not heard back. Check the sight "transcriptor" for more info. Good Luck
Bob
The trick is to control the heat. I purchased two pieces of plate glass 13" on a side so it is slightly larger than the LP. I preheat my convection oven on it's lowest setting (200 degrees). Place the record between the glass pieces and place in oven. Watch closely and rotate position at least once to insure even heating. Result - flat record.
The warm oven technique works best for me. Make sure the oven has been warmed up to around 50 degrees (C) and held there for 30 minutes before placing the record/plate glass sandwich in the oven. Leave for about 1-2 hours. Then switch the oven off without opening it (extremely slow cooling to ambient temperature is the key). Leave for about 2-3 hours and you get a flat, round record.