Typical New Speaker Dealer Discount A Buyer May Expect

I'm searching for new speakers and am willing to spend around $7K to $8K, or so.  I'm wondering if that amount generally represents a final discounted cost off MSRP of $9K to $10K, or 15% to 20%?  This figure is what I've estimated based on a number of member comments in terms of new equipment discounts.  Do discounts vary significantly from dealer to dealer, speaker brand to brand in this price range?  This will help me in terms of budgeting and in terms of which speakers to begin the process of narrowing down for final selection, and whether to purchase new or used.
nolojunko
I paid list for the last set of speakers I purchased (I did not ask for a discount, and I told the dealer I would not be asking for a discount). The dealer gives above and beyond service to his customers (and the the general populace on this forum) and I believe a salesperson should be compensated for the intangibles they bring to the transaction. 
I sell very high end cameras for a living, Phase One. If a new customer comes out wanting a discount right away my attitude changes. The folks who pay full retail and are nice receive service far beyond my expected duties. Find something you love and see where the sale takes you. Saving a few bucks could cost you in an experience in the end. Happy Hunting! 
nrenter 

I’m the same.   I know how tough it is to make money in a niche service like high end audio.   I hate haggling, feeling chintzy and trying to squeeze a dealer out of his earnings.    I pay full price.