Tympani IVa amping

Any advice? I'm quite overwhelmed with info recently but am leaning towards Cary CAD-500's. Any input greatly appreciated.
casimirm

Showing 4 responses by swo2601

I found the same with forward tilting. I'm getting my Mye stands in about a week. Is forward tilting possible with Mye stands? Thanks.
IMO, cctive bi-amping or even triamping is the best way to go. I use tube otl's on top and a class D amp for the bass panels. Crossover duties are now being handled by a behringer 2496.

Cwlondon's placement of the bass panels is interesting. Care to explain the logic and results? Thanks.
Intersting. Thanks for your thoughts on placement. I have Tympani 4's. I've als had Tympani 3b's and 1 d's. As you know the recommended crossover point for the bass panels is 250 Hz, which is clearly audible. Nevertheless, I guess I would have to agree somewhat that bass panel positioning is not that critical. My question is whether it can be placed to contribute to a deeper soundstage on the tympanis. If the tymps could image better, that would make me sincerely happy. The wall of sound is nice, but . . .
I accept your point on the sub. I could easily do without one, but it is nice. I use a Bag End Infra 18" sub that has specs down to 8 Hz. To tell you the truth, I have it turned down so low that I can't even hear it, but it is a nice fill in at times -- probably an extragant expense for as little as it does. I agree that the Tympanis have a great soundstage. I wish it were deeper and more fleshed out; however, most of all, I hate that 6 foot cymbal and high-hat. That is wholly unrealistic and compared to speakers that can really image, it is a true weakness of this speaker. If you don't have that, then your tympanis are an anomoly. I get my Mye stands soon. Hopefully, that can make a great speaker even better. BTW, if you're using the internal crossover components in the mid-tweet panel, you're really missing out. Cheers