tying in yamaharxv-665w/adcomgfa555as 2 channel

originaly had the yammi w/ klipsch h/t set up. All worked well but when bumping up the sound things got hot and decided to go back in time w/ 2 channel system. I got an Adcom gfa665 beast 220w and some infinitys for the time being. Trouble is yamaha has locked out and I have no volume control or other functions for that matter.I asked Yammi about 50 times if this was possible and now they say I MIGHT NEED seperate pre-amp w/ controls. Clearly not an audiophile here , but could use some advice on resolving this .
lewdworet
zone2 is totally out of the picture now . what you want me to do is disconnect my klipsch fronts and put the infinitys there instead and then what do I DO w/ the klipscs' but them on zone 2. that would be ok if we were talking 2 seperate rooms but no and both systems are in my main living room. I know your trying to help and I still think there's a way to get the yamaha to perform like a pre-amp.
To use the Yamaha as a preamp all you have to do is connect the Adcom to the front left and right outputs of the multi-channel outs. When you don't want to use the Adcom simply turn it off and you can still use the Yamaha surround system normally. It works this way on my girlfriend's 667 and should be the same on the 665. Yamaha has been operating the same way for some time.
I must be the biggest moron that doesn't deserve an adcom 555 I tried both ways you suggested and clearly I'm missing something. So now I'm back to 2 seperate systems w/ the onkyo as the pre-amp for the adcom . Truelly thanks for trying. Someone is goning to have to take me by the by the hand otherwise it's staying as is. Thanks again
Since I'm fairly new to a little stepped up aduio , I don't
really grasp the monom block concept. If one could get
quality out of a 2-channel amp ,what exactly the advantage of the monoblock sysem. It seems taking 2 single channel amps would by so prohibitive cost wise. How much better
could it be.